Here you will find a list of notes taken during Casa Grande Community Garden meetings.
March 12, 2006Edit
- Assure that the garden doesn't become dominated by any single individual.
- Assure that there be a horizontal form of organization and not hierarchical.
- Use chaulk-board or informational space to list ideas that may be taken up by anyone who so wishes.
What to do in tilled space?Edit
- Make Pretty
- Medicinal plants. Jess has other seeds.
- Skillshares related to ongoing gardening activities
- Experiment with sample vegetables of the kind that we think may not grow so well due to lack of plentiful sunlight (tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers).
Do garden in a different space?Edit
- Find out about alternatives
- Use maps
- Garden in median divides of 15-501 by-pass
- Use municipality gov. either to help get water to identified space or to designate gardening specific space.
Actions for the coming weekEdit
- Think about and ask around for alternative space
- Thursday, March 16, 2006
Meet @ The ReCYCLEry 3 pm to get more manure. Ideally get older, non-antibiotic manure from alternative place.
- Saturday, March 18, 2006
Meet @ 11 a.m. @ the The ReCYCLEry with information/maps of places within biking distance that we can scope out for gardening.
March 5, 2006Edit
- Using a bicycle pump to pump water into custern
- Making a dam
- Ask OWASA about quality: Coliform?, heavy metals, etc.. David Delvechio could ask friends that he knows in OWASA
- Creek is a Haw River tributary. Chris knows Earth First Person who could give us testing kit or test it himself.
Opening more space will be contingent on the energy both human and solar.
- Rock Powder
- Egg shell compost
- Compost from Weaver Street?
- Open Eye coffee grinds
Kinds of GardensEdit
- Summer Garden (tomatoes, okra, peppers, cucumbers)
- Spring Garden (potatoes)
- Chalk Board
- Info Board
- Phone Tree
- Tools: Shovels, Rakes
Institutions like funding owned properties