Farm Tour (Natalie) Edit
- We will not be on the farm tour this year due to map limitations
- We are guaranteed a spot on next year's tour and can use the same form
- Consider having a farm tour committee for next year to plan details
- Create handout/flier
- Prepare to receive donations
- Traffic director
- Tour guides
Water Agreement with OCPYC (Sammy) Edit
- Sammy met with Ellie Morris (OCPYC Garden Manager)
- Michele wanted to divide water 50/50 regardless of # of plantings, but extension agent is ok with making it proportional based on plantings
- Sammy will contact Mark directly to work out details then approach Michele with proposed plan
- Michele requested that we track our hours spent and present a receipt as an in kind donation. Instead, we feel that our sweat hours should be tracked, but they will far out weigh their money invested for materials.
- Michele requested that we keep receipts and track found/donated objects
- WE NEED TO TRACK WELL OUTPUT - to allow for capacity planning. Add clipboard to well house and write down output each time it's drained.
- We need to develop a system with OCPYC for using rain and well water. Will be dependent on many variables - rain, well volume, storage capacity for both gardens, number of plantings
- Solar pump
- Also need a common agreement for when it will be used
- Pump used to water from well or cistern to main cistern, and to move water to plants
- Next step is to sha proposed agreement with Ellie/Mark
General Meeting Edit
- Natalie said her friend Carol could host the meeting anytime in March
- We will decide on a date next week
- Need to track soil tests, amendments, plant rotation
- Sammy created a color coded map based on last year's crops and what type of nutrients those plants used
- Sammy also documented what Jay has in mind for plantings this year.
- Chris will add Sammy's crop rotation document to the website
- NEED A COMMITTEE TO DEVELOP A CROP ROTATION - maybe a 4 year rotation?
Project Groups (Eric will get volunteers this Saturday Edit
- Secure shed door
- Install gate for garden entrance (Jay has parts)
- Water catchment (Sammy heading this up)
- Well roof replacement
- Trench for pipe between the well and the garden
- Setup plant rotation schedule (4 years?)
- Worm bin bench?
- Shade area in garden space